- The purpose of this statement is to explain to the customer what personal information Pass Now Ltd collects and how it may be used.
- Pass Now Ltd is committed to ensuring that the customers privacy is protected. Should Pass Now Ltd ask the customer to provide certain information by which the customer can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Pass Now Ltd strictly adheres to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and therefore is committed to protecting the customers privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received.
- The contents of this policy may change due to important updates. The customers should check this page from time to time to ensure that they are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Definitions and interpretation
- This refers to whenever a customer makes a booking via the online booking form, by email or telephone you will be asked your name, postal address, pickup address, phone numbers, email address, DOB and provisional licence number.
Data/ personal data
- Collectively all information that the customer submits to Pass Now Ltd via this Website. This definition incorporates definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Pass Now Ltd, “we”, “us” or “our”
- Pass Now Ltd, registered company number 08355048. Registered office is at 25 Clinton Place, East Sussex, BN25 1NP.
European Economic Area (EEA)
- The area in which the Agreement on the EEA provides for the free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the European Single Market.
- This refers to data used to create a driving course booking form through this website.
Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Effective from 25 May, 2018, the GDPR is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Third Party or Third Parties
- When the customer completes and submits the online booking form, the customer agrees to their personal information being shared with a third party for the following reasons: To book Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) theory or practical driving tests, to enable a driving instructor to make contact to discuss the prospect of booking an intensive driving course.
- This refers to data about the customers use of this website and services. This includes the customers IP address, browser type and version, length of visit, page views and website navigation path, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
“User” or “you”
- The individual accessing utilising this website.
- The website that the customer will be using – www.pass-now.co.uk, and any subdomains of this site.
Contacting the Pass Now Ltd Website
- Customers contacting this website do so at their own discretion and provide their personal details at their own risk. All personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time the intensive driving course booking has been completed and no further action is required or until the customer withdraws their consent to continue to store the relevant information.
- Pass Now Ltd has clearly stated and made the customer aware of the fact, and where the customer has given express permission, the customers details maybe used to send test booking service information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the GDPR.
What personal data do we collect and process?
- Pass Now Ltd may process ‘enquiry data’ information contained in any enquiry a customer submits regarding this websites goods or services. This data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant driving course services. The legal basis for this processing is consent. As such, the customer can at any time opt-out from receiving such communication.
- Pass Now Ltd may also process the customers ‘usage data’ i.e. data about the customers use of our website and services. This usage data may include the customers IP address, browser type and version, length of visit, page views and website navigation path, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services.
- The legal basis for this processing is legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving this website and services.
- The ‘account profile data’ maybe processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring the customers use of this website and services. The ‘account data’ may also be used for the purposes of operating this website, providing a service, ensuring the security of this website and services, maintaining back-ups of the databases and communicating with the customer.
- The legal bases for collecting this data is for legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of this website and business, as well as for the performance of a contract between the customer and Pass Now Ltd and/or taking steps, at the customer’s request, to enter into such a contract.
- Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to Pass Now Ltd.
Sharing your personal data with others
- When a customer completes and submits the online booking form, the customer agrees to their personal information being shared with a third party for the following reasons: To book Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) theory or practical driving tests, to enable a driving instructor to contact the customer to discuss the prospect of booking an intensive driving course.
- The customers personal data maybe disclosed to professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining professional advice, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Additionally, the customers personal data maybe disclosed when necessary in compliance with a legal obligation to which Pass Now Ltd are subject, or to protect the customers vital interests or the vital interests of a third party.
How long will Pass Now Ltd retain the customers information?
- The periods for which Pass Now Ltd keep the customers information will depend on the purpose for which the information was collected. The personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary or unless the customer requests their information be removed from the database.
- All customer data is stored and secured for 1 year and then deleted or securely destroyed. We keep this information should any previous customers either require them for future queries or complaints.
- Pass Now Ltd may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to the customer to help support and maintain our Service.
Google AdSense DoubleClick Cookie
- The customer may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- Pass Now Ltd uses marketing services to advertise on third party websites.
- Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- The customer can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout– for the customers web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
- The customer can opt-out from Twitter’s interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- Learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Pass Now Ltd may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, third-party services are used for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
- The payment processors Pass Now Ltd work with are:
Links to Other Sites
- Pass Now Ltd have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Pass Now Ltd have summarised the rights that the customer has under data protection law. Due to the complexity of such rights, not all the details have been included in the summary. Accordingly, the customer should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under the GDPR are:
The right to access
- The customer has the right to confirmation as to whether Pass Now Ltd process personal data and where, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected. On request, a copy of the personal data will be supplied
The right to rectification
- The customer has the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified and, considering the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data completed.
The right to remove
- In some circumstances the customer has the right to have their personal data removed from the database without delay. However, there are exclusions of the right to remove such data. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary for example, for compliance with other legal obligations which supersede the customers data protection rights.
The right to restrict processing
- The customers have the right to restrict the processing of their personal data under certain circumstances, for example, if contesting the accuracy of the personal data. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, the personal data may continue to be stored.
The right to object to processing
- The customer has the right to object to Pass Now Ltd processing the personal data on grounds relating to the customers particular situation. If the customer makes such an objection, Pass Now Ltd will cease to process the personal information unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the customers interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The customer has the right to object to Pass Now Ltd processing of the personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If the customer should make such an objection, Pass Now Ltd will cease to process the personal data for this purpose.
The right to data portability
- To the extent that the legal basis for Pass Now Ltd processing of the customers personal data is:
- consent; or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the customer is party or to take steps at the customer’s request prior to entering into a contract,
- and such processing is carried out by automated means, and the customer has the right to receive their personal data from Pass Now Ltd in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- If the customer considers that Pass Now Ltd processing of personal information infringes data protection laws, the customer has a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The right to withdraw consent
- If the legal basis for Pass Now Ltd processing of the customers personal information is consent, the customer has the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The customer may exercise any of their rights in relation to the personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pass Now Ltd is committed to ensuring that the customers information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online has been put in place.
Downloads and media files
- Pass Now Ltd has taken every care in the preparation of the contents of this website and the information, pictures, logos, names, images, regarding or relating to Pass Now Ltd, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided to the best of the Pass Now Ltd knowledge and is therefore subject to the possibility of unverified, incomplete, inaccurate or non-comprehensive material and information. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine information is available, the customer is advised to verify the authenticity of such information by using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
- Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to the customers at their own risk and therefore Pass Now Ltd accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites.
Links to other websites
- This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once the customer has used these links to leave the website, the customer should note that Pass Now Ltd do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, Pass Now Ltd cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which the customer provides whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. The customer should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.